Is this your first time attending a virtual event? Unsure what to expect? Read on for our top tips for getting the most from your Women into Leadership online experience!
- Clear the time in your diary, just as you would for a physical event. Consider switching off your emails to avoid distractions.
- Choose an environment in your home or office that helps you to relax and focus.
- In the days leading up to the event, take some time to write down the three goals you want to achieve from the day.
- Log onto the event platform, Glisser, ahead of time to familiarise yourself with the platform and avail of the on-demand materials. Covering a range of topics and skills, these materials are designed to optimise and expand your learning experience.
- Set up your account on the Women into Leadership networking platform, Grip, once you receive your login details one week ahead of the conference. Let your inner social butterfly soar!
- Explore the conference agenda and familiarise yourself with the sessions you'll be attending. If you need to step away from your desk at any point, all sessions will be recorded and available on-demand at a time that works for you (a real perk of attending our events in their online format!)
- Take the allocated break times in the agenda to relax during a busy day of learning.
- Meet your fellow attendees in advance of the conference and join the conversation by using the hashtag #WiL21.
- Think about any questions you would like to ask of our speakers, there will be plenty of time for Q&A on the day!
What to expect when in-person events return:
Any social distancing measures required at the time of the conference will be in place, with the safety of delegates and speakers at the heart of the day. A live stream option will be available to those wishing to attend all or part of the event from home.
Given we will be limiting capacity to allow for social distancing on site, early booking is highly recommended to avoid disappointment.